In this article, we talk about a pixel of an LCD screen that does not work properly. Here we show you two methods that you can use and make a believer of even the most skeptical. Try it, you lose nothing and then you comment us.
In the first instance, let’s say that a pixel of an LCD screen of any device (monitor, TV, Laptop, PSP, etc.) can be red, blue or green and has three ways to fail:
- Dead Pixel (Dead Pixel): Is one pixel that is always in black, does not emit light of any color or intensity.
- Pixel stuck or locked (stuck-pixel): It is one that only shows two light levels, on or off without going through all the intermediate levels.
- Hot pixel (hot-pixel): Is one pixel is emitting light continuously. This light is red, green or blue and makes its maximum capacity.
These failures can occur at any time on LCD screens with TFT technology, moreover, you can be on your screen from the first-second use. These defects are not covered by the warranty if not exceeding a certain number of pixels. It seems a joke but it is not, at least until companies reduce these defects to the point that changing equipment not mean them an economic imbalance.
To try to solve these failures there are two methods, one for software and a manual.
Software method to repair a damaged pixel
It consists of a small program that produces intense flashes in a small window, which will move to the area where the damaged pixel is found. This can be repeated several times to get the result.
There are many versions of programs that do this work because programming is really very simple. One of the programs you can download the UDPix, which also helps you detect damaged by putting the entire screen of the same color pixels.
Another useful to repair a damaged pixel software is JScreenFix , which has different applications depending on the type of screen.
Manual method to repair a damaged pixel
This method is very effective and truly consists of the following:
- Get a cloth or a slightly damp towel. Slightly it means you should not run water from the cloth at any time. Moist, not wet.
- Locate and memorize where is the pixel that is failing, and then completely turn off the LCD screen. If it still doesn’t work visit ask a managed it service provider san antonio to help you.
- With a fingertip, apply gentle pressure to the area where the pixel is damaged, using the damp cloth. No more pressure because you can damage other pixels, exerts a light pressure with slight movements of the thumb which is defective.
- While performing this task, turn on the screen so that it lights up with a strong image as much as possible. Remove the pressure and the cloth, the pixel should be working.
This method is effective in 80%. Give it a try and let us know how it works for you.